Customer Service Harbour Operative
- Reference: LG/500/343
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Folkestone
- Working Hours: 4 on 4 off 6.00am to 6.00pm/6pm to 6.00 am weekly rotating
- Salary: Circa 22,000 pa plus overtime
SLS Permanent Recruitment are working in partnership with Folkestone Harbour & Seafront Development Company to recruit a Customer Service Harbour Operative. To apply please send an up to CV. Applications are strictly through SLS Permanent Recruitment, please do not apply direct as you will be redirected.
To help ensure the Harbour, Harbour Arm and Seafront Development site is safe and well maintained ensuring a good experience for residents and visitors and to provide excellent customer service.
CUSTOMER SERVICE HARBOUR OPERATIVE
Reports to: Harbour Manager
- Carry out visual inspections of the site throughout each shift, recording and reporting any problems promptly and helping prevent or fix problems as needed.
- Checking safety equipment and assessing the potential impact of weather conditions at the start of and throughout every shift.
- Comply with all Harbour safety policies and procedures, both on a routine basis and in the case of any emergency.
- Stay aware of the safety and security of the harbour, via the use of CCTV, personal walkabouts and visual inspections.
- Assist with the management of vessels, including commercial, leisure and water-sports, as directed. Prior suitable training will be provided.
- Ensure all contractors working on site are properly briefed and comply with the necessary risk assessments and method statements as instructed by the Works Supervisor.
- Assist with all general maintenance tasks, including the fountain, and ensure that they are completed to a satisfactory level. Work priorities will be agreed between the Harbour Manager and Works Supervisor.
- Carry out cleaning tasks on a regular basis and as needed, such as cleaning steps, slipways, walkways and removing waste and any spills. Asist with rubbish collection and disposal.
- Assist with car parking and ensure the system remains operational.
- Following training assist with the security of the site on a 24/7 basis and particularly when the harbour arm is open to the public and in the silent hours. assist with the management of the site in supporting future resident’s concerns by either dealing with the issue or referring to the appropriate manager.
- Assist with harbour events as required, including the risk assessment process, event preparation, hosting and clear up.
- When assigned to take instructions from the Harbour Arm Manager and Works Supervisor for detailed tasking.
- Undertake work-related training and maintain qualifications as directed, such as environmental management and first aid.
- Carry out checks of utility meters as needed.
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by the Harbour Manager.