Arboricultural Consultancy Manager
- Reference: LG/500/8795
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Worcester
- Start Date: ASAP
- Working Hours: TBC
- Holidays: 25 plus Bank Hols
- Salary: 33,500 to 35,000 plus car
SLS Permanent Recruitment are working in partnership with our Environmental Client to recruit an Arboricultural Consultancy Manager. The position will be based in Redditch however contracts cover the whole of the UK. To apply please send an up to date CV in a MS Word Format.
The purpose of the Arboricultural Consultancy Manager is to manage all Consultancy / Tree Surveying Operations within the UK. This role will include working alongside The Managing Director / Operations Director, Operations Manager, Senior Consultants, Tree Surveyors, Field Officers and with the Central Support Functions including Business Development, Finance, and Administration, HSEQ Compliance department and HR Advisors and Insurers
The role is to ensure that all parts of our consultancy services delivered to our clients are delivered to or above specification meeting the contract requirements and within all local and national legislation.
The Arboricultural Consultancy Manager will have financial responsibility for his / her contracts and ensure that the Consultants meet their individual objectives and contract specific objectives. Developing budgets, forecasting and delivering services in line with forecast ensuring profitability is integral part of the Arboricultural Consultancy Manager function. Monthly Management Information and reports will be required by the UK Board for analysis. A close working relationship with HSEQ Compliance will ensure that frequent audits and Compliance checks are completed and where necessary process revisions are produced.
This role also ensures that our Consultancy services are delivered and satisfy the requirements of the ISO accreditations ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001. A key part of the role is to ensure all Operations are delivered within our Compliance frameworks and exceed our Customers expectations
Financial & Operational Excellence
- Develop quality, environmental and safety inspections / audits to ensure the services AEMG deliver are compliant across each client.
- Based on inspection / audit results provide necessary feedback to ensure the appropriate process changes are agreed with all stakeholders including account/function timescales for remedial action to be implemented
- Document on the “Acorn Net” and in monthly reports actual feedback including what has changed as a result of the audit and the rationale
- Ownership of the reporting and Management Information required on a monthly basis
- Responsible for providing training and rolling out new polices to all contract specific staff
- Keep abreast of market conditions generally and within the specialist area of expertise and to inform and generate newsletters and briefing documents on forthcoming legislation and the potential impact both to our business and our clients
- Provide guidance when required to our clients and internal staff
- Act as the main contact for ensuring that operational activity accords with Policies and procedures
- Set up contract reviews and meetings with Customers and key stakeholders (both internal, and external: e.g Auditors/Inspectors) on a regular basis to update on progress and discuss relevant issues. This forum will then become the process for agreeing outcomes and to gain sign off where required
- In conjunction with Business Development & HSEQ Compliance seek regular Customer and Stakeholder feedback. Ensure feedback is documented and any changes to services as a result of feedback are communicated back to Customers.
Full job description is available on request.