Management Accountant (Health Care)
- Reference: LG/500/980
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Bardon
- Working Hours: 37.5
- Salary: 35,000 to 40,000
SLS Permanent Recruitment are looking to recruit a permanent Management Accountant on behalf of our National Health Care Client. To apply please up load a MS Word formatted CV.
Role: Management Accountant
Location: Bardon, Leicestershire
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000
Hours:37.5 Hours per week. Monday – Friday
- Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Production of monthly management accounts including prepayments and accruals.
Review and explain variances to budget and forecast.
Produce sales and financial reports for management and directors with appropriate commentaries
- Produce weekly trading analysis.
- Provide accurate and sound management reporting to assist with key decision making.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations where necessary.
- Utilise Microsoft Excel to create accurate reports.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Support elements of statutory accounts and tax for year-end purpose.
- Assist Finance Business Partner with ad hoc financial analysis.
- The above is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and duties. The post holder will be expected to undertake other duties as is reasonably required.
- This is a ‘hands on’ role. The post holder will be required to post journals and assist in the preparation of all aspects of month end.
Please note this is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities
What we look for in a Management Accountant
Essential Qualifications / Skills
- Professional accountancy qualification desirable.
- Microsoft Excel / Word / PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of SAP.
- Three to five years previous experience in a management accounts role.
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month end / year end close process.
- Excellent data analysis skills.
- Effective communicator with both finance and non-finance professionals of varying levels.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Honest / trustworthy.
- The capacity to drive through key business changes.
Hard-working, efficient and motivated by results.
Successful applicants will be subject to enhanced DBS checks.
In return we offer you the following;
- A chance to work as part of a great team doing a rewarding job
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Pension scheme
- Holiday of 25 days per year plus Bank Holidays.
Participation in our employee recognition scheme