Customs Manager (Logistics)
- Reference: LG/500/9896
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dover
- Working Hours: Mon to Fri 9.00 am to 6.00 pm
- Salary: 55,000 to 65,000 DOE + Benefits
SLS Permanent Recruitment is looking to recruit an experienced Customs Manager, to apply please send an up to date CV in a MS Word format.
An exciting, new opportunity has arisen for a customs manager to join the team at our client’s busy Dover office, where you will be working closely with the logistics operations as part of a wholly managed door-to-door transportation process. You will ensure that all customers’ shipments are imported into or exported out of the UK in strict compliance with all applicable laws and regulations; in the fastest, most cost-effective and reliable manner to maintain the integrity of their supply chains. With their own customs warehousing and ETSF, our client is one of Europe’s leading time-critical logistics providers serving global blue-chip corporations.
Main purpose of job: To oversee all international imports and exports, including customs system input, managing activities which will be directly related to existing client transportation as part of a wholly managed door-to-door time-critical transportation process. Responsible for customs management of cross channel as well as through all airports via scheduled air freight and air chartered goods movements.
Key job responsibilities
- Advise and guide management in all matters relating to the import and export of goods post Brexit, inclusive of all changes to government guidelines/instructions
- Design the structure of the customs clearance department and implement the structure according to the anticipated workload
- Oversee the induction and training of new team members in accordance with the applicable customs clearance procedures
- Ensure that all necessary internal and external technical customs clearance tools, software and working practises are implemented and communicated to all parties and stakeholders involved
- Advise our teams and customers and oversee the implementation of any agreed or required customs clearance action plans
- Ensure you are fully up to date in relation to ongoing political negotiations and are aware of the current position between the UK and the EU
- Implement the relevant IT packages and have the ability to compile, analyse and interpret relevant data • Manage the customs clearance team, ensuring the highest level of service is provided