Software Engineer (Electronic Manufacturing)
- Reference: LG/500/9897
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Thanet
- Start Date: November
- Working Hours: Mon to Fri
- Salary: 30,000 to 40,000 Dependant on experience
SLS Permanent Recruitment is working in partnership with our electronic manufacturing client to recruit a permanent software engineer. To be successful candidates must be able to demonstrate that they have the relevant experience within Embedded Firmware. To apply please send a full up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01303 852171 for further details.
As part of a 15 man multi-disciplined engineering team you will be responsible for writing software for embedded products in the Fire and Security industry. The main language applied within the product ranges is ‘C’. The candidate will be part of a dedicated project team assigned to development of a variety of products and will be expected to participate in and contribute to regular design review processes. Software is to be written in accordance with the organisations coding standards. The products being designed are subject to a framework of European harmonised regulatory standards.
- A suitable university degree and at least 2 years experience in embedded software design role is required.
- Alternatively at least 5 years experience without an equivalent qualification.
- A good understanding of digital hardware design is essential.
- Demonstration of commitment to continuing professional development.
- The successful applicant will be self motivated and capable of working well in a team or independently on given tasks.
- Ability to accurately estimate timescales and regularly report progress to project team leaders.
- Good software design and documentation skills will need to be demonstrated.
Skills and experience that would help with this role:
- Experience of producing low power hardware designs, particularly battery powered devices.
- Knowledge of radio systems and/or radio communication protocols (proprietary or non-proprietary).
- OS based embedded design and implementation.
- Knowledge and understanding of PC based application development including design of graphical user interfaces using Visual Studio and either C# or C++.
- Typical processor families used:
- Texas Instruments MSP430
- Renesas M16C/62, RX Series
- STM8 / STM32
- Previous experience of hardware design for embedded systems/products.
- Designing to European product standards/directives.