General Manager (Estate Management)
- Reference: LG/FH0008987
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Folkestone
- Working Hours: 40 hours ( with flexibility to meet the needs of the business)
- Salary: Circa 50,000 to 60,000
SLS Permanent Recruitment are working in partnership with our client to secure a General Manager. This role is an exclusive vacancy with SLS Permanent Recruitment candidates that contact the company direct will be redirected. This is a fabulous opportunity not to be missed!!! To Apply please submit an up to date CV in a MS Word format, with a covering letter outlining your skills and relevant experience.
General Manager – Folkestone Harbour and Seafront Estate
Folkestone Harbour Limited Partnership owns Folkestone Harbour and a project designed to regenerate the harbour area and create a vibrant new seafront for the town. The organisation is based in Folkestone and is led by Sir Roger De Haan.
New position; General Manager – Folkestone Harbour and Seafront Estate
Hours: 40 hours per week. (To meet the needs of the business the successful candidate will need to demonstrate flexibility because some weekend and evening work will be required.)
A new post is being established to manage Folkestone Harbour and its seafront estate as it is developed into a residential and commercial development. The General Manager will have overall responsibility for the Harbour and its operations and for managing the seafront estate where there is planning consent for up to 1,000 homes and commercial premises. The post holder will require excellent management skills, entrepreneurial flare, a good eye for detail, robust problem-solving skills, be comfortable in a public-facing role and have the ability to ensure high standards of customer confidence and satisfaction. The General Manager will need to co-ordinate the work of the harbour employees and its consultants and be responsible for setting up new systems/procedures for managing and operating the seafront estate.
Hours: 40 hours per week. To meet the needs of the business the successful candidate will need to demonstrate flexibility because some weekend and evening work will be required.
- being responsible for the operation of the Harbour
- managing existing harbour business while setting up the estate services for the seafront development’s first residents
- managing the harbour tenancies and income generating businesses
- drawing up and managing budgets and maintenance plans
- ensuring timely inspection, maintenance, and compliance with all regulatory requirements throughout the estate
- managing the maintenance of buildings and structures at the harbour
- managing the letting of external contracts
- ensuring health and safety and other regulations are fully complied with
- preparing an annual maintenance plan
- ensuring the purchasers of new homes are provided with well-kept communal areas in an attractive environment and high standards of customer service.
New property management:
- managing the occupation of new properties including the provision of a concierge service for residents
- setting up remote supervision for alarms
- liaising with owners and tenants regarding the maintenance of communal areas
- enforcing covenants and the collection of service charges
- all harbour staff.
The following summarises the experience, skills and attributes needed to successfully fulfil the role.
- proven ability in leadership and management
- astute commercial acumen
- clear and decisive project management
- intelligence and willingness to learn and develop
- an outgoing personality and the ability to engage with people
- an excellent communicator
- a good eye for detail and practical problem solving
- experience in managing budgets
- ability and willingness to work flexible hours
- experience of building facilities management, setting and negotiating property maintenance budgets.
- experience of setting and maintaining high quality standards for tenant or licensee relationship management within multiple occupancy buildings