Cold Store Operative - DAYS (Food Manufacturing)
- Reference: LG/500/8987
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Ashford
- Working Hours: 6.00 am to 2.00pm
- Salary: 22,000 pa
SLS Permanent Recruitment are looking to recruit a Cold Store Operative DAYS 6.00 am to 2.00pm. Candidates MUST have a Reach Forklift Licence. Our client is a food Manufacturing Business. To apply please send an up to date CV in a MS Word format.
Job Title: Cold Store Operative
Directorate: Supply Chain & Inventory
Department: Cold Store
Reports to: Cold Store Team Leader
- To participate actively in the efficient running of the Coldstore.
- Can do attitude.
- Work closely with other team members and departments to maximise efficiency.
- Self motivated.
- Champion continuous improvement in the Coldstore.
- Good communication with team members.
- Ensure and maintain quality of the product through safe handling of products.
- Ensure that the Factory’s needs are met promptly and accurately.
- Ensure Drivers are informed as soon as it is safe to do so that they may pull away from the dock.
- Regularly contribute ideas and improvements within the team.
Responsibilities & Expertise
- Constantly strive to increase operational performance.
- Carry out all tasks as efficiently as possible.
- Good knowledge of equipment in use.
- Adhere to and encourage in others safe working practices.
- Maintain housekeeping standards within the Coldstore.
- Personally comply with all policies, procedures and risk assessments relevant to role and responsibilities.
This job description is subject to periodic revision following discussion with the post holder (s).