Operations Manager (Storage and Distribution)
- Reference: LG/500/908
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Kent
- Salary: 45,000 to 50,000
Job Description:Apply Now
SLS Permanent recruitment are looking to recruit a permanent Operations Manager who has experience across Warehousing and Transport. To apply please send an up to date CV in a MS WORD Format only.
- Reporting to the General Manager.
- Ensure effective communication throughout the operational leadership team, communicating planned requirements providing information on performance.
- Ensure that a best in class safety performance is delivered through a behavioural based safety culture.
- Responsible for P&L performance and production of department budgeting process.
- Build and implement an effective employee engagement strategy, resulting in a highly engaged and motivated workforce.
- Ensuring the operation achieves targeted daily and weekly KPIs.
- To deliver a quality first class service to each customer.
- Operating within the legal constraints of the operator’s license.
- Ensure the operation is fully compliant with legislation and company tachograph policy were applicable and the operation complies with the Road Traffic Act;
- Develop a talented team and create robust succession plans for current and future key roles
- To participate in commercial reviews with the Senior Management Team, Company Finance teams.
- Proven experience of working within a fast pace logistics environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to operate at multiple levels and establish effective communication channels in both customer organisations and internal.
- Robust influencing and negotiation skills – proven to deliver successful change in complex customer operational environments.
- Experienced in developing and deepening customer relationships, resulting in improved commercial performance and growth delivery.
- You will be inquisitive, innovative and deliver an exceptional service to the customer. Excellent commercial acumen – understand the dynamics of both open/ closed book operations
- Able to manage conflict and tough conversations including complex IR issues.
- The business operates 24/7 therefore it is essential that you are flexible in your approach to work.
- A CPC holder. (National & International)
- Own Transport owing to location.