Project Manager (STEEL)
- Reference: LG/500/879
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: County Durham
- Salary: 30,000 to 40,000 DOE
SLS Permanent Recruitment are looking to recruit a Permanent Project Manager for our SFS client. They are a very progressive and forward thinking company. The PM will be working on Multiple Projects across the UK. To apply please send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsible to: Managing Director
Overall Purpose of job:
1. Primary responsibility is for the planning, resourcing, and management of installation projects.
2. To deliver each on site project on time and within budget thus meeting project commitments.
3. Main point of contact and communication with sponsors, stakeholders, client, internal and external project team.
4. Representing the business and protecting the organisations interests at all times
Area of Key Responsibility
Planning and Management to ensure commitments of all projects are achieved.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Fully familiarise yourself with the project delivery requirements from a commercial, specification, build and site perspective, attending appropriate client and internal meetings.
• Establish skills and stakeholders required to effectively deliver the project both internally and externally, ensuring all internal and sub-contract labour hold the correct certification and accreditation for all site activity.
• Produce internal and external project programs in line with client requirements and Icarus capacity. Ensure program is agreed acceptable for both the business and the Main Contractor/Client.
• Liaise across all departments to effectively communicate project requirements as well as visiting sites, sub-contractors, and client to ensure all activities are being carried out to specification and schedule.
• Evaluate potential areas of risk and provide appropriate and adequate solutions.
• Ensure all quality and safety requirements are met.
• Ensure all method statements are created, checked and issued at the appropriate time.
• Ensure all risk assessments are created, checked and issued at the appropriate time.
• Collaborate with the commercial department to ensure timely and effective submissions of applications and variations.
• Ensure that all Project Management and site activities adhere to the company QMS procedures.
• Maintain robust control of the program and those who you have delegated proportional control.
• Maintain comprehensive and accurate project records ensuring all site team leaders deliver required paperwork to the Project Manager
• Ensure a timely response and effective tracking of all internal and external request for information/change NCR’s and Continuous Improvement reporting
• Track and program any variations to original scope.
• Point of contact for all site personnel on a daily operational basis to ensure any site issues are dealt with in a timely manner
• At the completion of each phase ensure a full QA/QMS sign off is completed.
• At the completion of each project ensure a complete performance review is completed and all lessons learned are communicated to the appropriate areas (of a negative and positive nature).
• Provide support to the sales and commercial team during the estimating process, with a view to reducing risk and identifying potential omissions and opportunities.
• Attend all weekly site meetings with the Main Contractor/client.
• Daily liaison with the company and subcontract installers to ensure inter-company relations are maintained between the business/Main Contractor/Sub contract Installer.
The Job Description above is primarily to service the needs of the business but like duties may be required for any partner companies. Other reasonable duties as requested by the Managing Director.
Key Result Areas
• All project deliverables are achieved on time.
• All project deliverables are achieved within budget
• Customer satisfaction
• The Job Description is a broad statement of the purpose and key account-abilities (outputs) for the role. The roles and responsibilities defined in the job description should be sufficiently broad to permit flexibility but define the boundaries of responsibility and accountability and should stand unless the job changes significantly. Annual objectives will identify specific outputs required of the jobholder at a point in time.