Charity Business Manager
- Reference: SLS/LG/4329
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: London
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Working Hours: To be discussed
- Salary: 28,000 to 35,000 DOE
SLS Permanent Recruitment are looking to recruit an experienced Charity Business Manager. To apply please send an up to date CV to email@example.com
Charity Business Manager Job Responsibilities
- Work closely with our Founders Barry and Margaret MBEs, to ensure their vision of a peaceful and safer world for our young people is constantly developed.
- Work in partnership with the Board of Trustees to identify and implement strategies for the development of the charity to achieve its vision and long-term objectives.
- Lead and motivate the charity to follow the vision and strategic aims, including review of progress against agreed objectives
- Ensure appropriate presentation and timely reporting on the progress of the organisation and on all matters relevant to the discharge of the Board’s responsibilities, including policy proposals for Board discussion and decision.
- Report directly to the Board of Trustees
Financial growth and sustainability
- Support the development of the fundraising function of the charity
- Identify and develop other sources of funds, specifically corporate partnerships, regular giving and major donor.
- Build and maintain effective systems to manage and grow the charities’ supporter base.
Promotion of the charity
- Maintain effective networks with principle supporters and stakeholders both locally and nationally.
- Seek opportunities to promote the charity and its vision in the media, at events or through our own networks
- Represent the charity in the press and public appearances when required.
- Monitor and work to improve all areas of the Charity’s performance
- Ensure that all administrative, financial and governance requirements are delivered
- Work closely with the Founders to deliver talks to Schools, corporates, and other organisations sharing Jimmy’s story
Charity Business Manager Essential Skills & Experience:
- Previous charitable work at managerial level essential
- Service delivery and development
- In depth knowledge of Jimmy’s Story
- Prospecting skills
- Public Speaking at all levels
- Presentation skills to deliver the charities message
- Fully computer literate with PowerPoint, multi-media and social media platforms
Due to the sensitive personal experiences of the founders of the Charity, we would welcome applications from candidates who have themselves been either the victim of, or the family member of, a victim of violent crime.