Programme Manager (Electronics)
- Reference: LG/SLS - PERM 78
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Kent
- Working Hours: Mon to Fri ( occasional travel)
- Salary: 48,000 to 50,000
|SLS (AGY) are looking to recruit a product Development Programme Manager for our manufacturing client based in Kent. To apply please send an up to date CV in a MS Word format
We are looking for a product development Programme Manager reporting to the Engineering Manager.
Under the guidance of the Engineering Manager, and in close collaboration with the Product Management team, the Programme Manager will deliver best in class fire detection and alarm products for our internal and external customers.
The programme manager will lead and coordinate the development activities of all Product Development projects (new product development and sustaining engineering) using industry best practices, and will make recommendations on project prioritisation and allocation of resources.
The Programme Manager has an oversight of the status of the cross-functional projects and activities, and ensures the programme goals are met following the processes and standards set by the business.
The selected candidate will be expected to report to the highest level of the organisation.
– Responsible for programme management of strategic programmes for the Business Unit and cross-functional business processes.
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating leadership, decision-making abilities and technical aptitude to lead cross functional projects that meet stakeholder needs.
– Foundational skills for this role include programme and project management, public speaking, general engineering aptitude, leadership and business management skills.
– Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the on time, within scope and within budget execution of the project
– Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
– Ensure resource availability and allocation
– Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
– Identify and manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs following the appropriate processes
– Measure project performance (SPI/CPI, variance)
– Report and escalate to management as needed
– Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
– Perform risk management to minimise and mitigate project risks
– Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, ensuring the team is fully aligned with the deliverable s and standards set in the gated review (Passport) process
Qualifications / Requirements:
– Engineering degree or equivalent through indstry experience, preferably in Telecommunications, Electronics or Computer Science.
– 5 years of prior experience in project and team management in a multicultural environment.
– Programme/Project Management training/certificate (e.g. PMP from PMI) or significant practical experience.
– Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
– Ability to identify needs of the organisation and/or customer, articulate necessary proposals and see projects through to completion.
– Capable of working with different cultures in remote locations, and willing to travel.
– Strong organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
– Strong interpersonal, influencing and leadership skills
– Creates an environment in which people are involved and included.
– Ability to influence and make recommendations at all levels of the company.
– Background in fire detection and alarm systems, preferred.