NIGHT Shift Manager (Food Manufacturing)
- Reference: LG7876
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Ashford
- Working Hours: 10.00 pm to 6.00am Mon to Friday
- Salary: 42,000 pa
SLS Permanent recruitment are looking to Recruit a permanent night shift manager for our food manufacturing client. To apply please send an up to date CV in a MS Word format. For further information please call 01303 852171
- Responsible efficient running of the Kent factory across their shift.
- Responsible for the whole site during out of hours including personnel and visitors.
- Deputise for Production Manager in their absence.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Can do attitude – leads by example and takes a hands on approach.
- Work closely with other Shift Managers, their teams and other departments to maximise efficiency.
- Motivate teams and individuals to achieve their potential.
- Proactively deal with performance and welfare issues in their teams.
- Champion continuous improvement in the factory.
- Carry out investigations into grievances and conduct/capability issues.
- Excellent communication at all levels using verbal and written methods.
- Communicate strategic goals and objectives to Factory employees in a clear and concise manner.
- Champion the need for change and encourage teams to get actively involved.
- Achieve factory KPI’s
- Ensure the Factory is working efficiently.
- See opportunities for creative problem solving while staying within the parameters of good practice.
- Manage within set budget.
- Drive costs down wherever possible.
- Make best use of available time and resources.
- Manage efficient use of temporary labour.
- Complete reports and projects on time.
Responsibilities & Expertise
- Constantly strive to increase operational performance.
- Optimize factory efficiency whilst maintaining and improving standards.
- Ensure that all team members are trained and competent to carry out their role, including update training.
- Ensure that team is multi-skilled to maximise efficiency and job satisfaction.
- Liaise with the temporary staff agency regarding feedback of their workers – positive as well as negative.
- Liaise with Engineering on preventative maintenance and breakdowns to minimise the down time of equipment.
- General responsibility for the building and people at times the Production Manager is absent.
- Develop methods to encourage continual attention to safe working practices.
- Develop and implement, with Technical, working practices to ensure that the factory operates to the highest hygiene standards possible.
- Improve employee awareness of health, safety and best practice.
- Personally comply with all policies, procedures and risk assessments relevant to role and responsibilities.
IOSH Managing safely (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health),
Lean & 5S’s principles.
HACCP (Hazard analysis, critical control point).
COSHH (Control of substances hazardous to health).
SMED (Single minute exchange of Dies)
This job description is subject to periodic revision following discussion with the post holder (s).