Senior Operative/Team Lead (NIGHTS)
- Reference: SLS - PERM 27
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Ashford Kent
- Working Hours: Mon to Fri Shift 10.00 pm to 6.00 am
- Salary: 12.65 ph
SLS (AGY) are looking to recruit a Permanent Senior Operative for our clients manufacturing Site in Kent. To apply please send an up to date CV in a MS Word format.
- To support the Team Leader – Shift Manager with the efficient running of the line or designated task.
- The role of Senior Production Operative incorporates supervisory responsibilities.
- Health & Safety Champion.
- Good Manufacturing Practice Champion.
- Can do attitude – leads by example and takes a hands on approach.
- Work closely with other teams and departments to maximise task efficiency.
- Train – coach and monitor the performance and compliance of Production Operatives & Agency Staff.
- Champion continuous improvement in the factory including Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
- Good communication at all levels using verbal and written methods.
- Achieve Line and personal KPI’s
- Ensure and maintain quality of the product.
- Eliminate Non-conformance’s (Job right first time).
- Clearly understand who the customers are both internal and external.
- See and implement opportunities for creative problem solving while staying within the parameters of good practice.
Responsibilities & Expertise
- Constantly strive to increase operational performance.
- Good working knowledge of the routine machine operations of the line equipment.
- Optimise Line efficiency whilst maintaining and improving standards.
- Liaise with the Engineering on preventative maintenance and breakdowns to minimise the down time of equipment
- Responsible for minding machines in the absence of the Team Leader.
- Constant attention to safe working practices, your own as well as that of other team members.
- Personally adhere to all prescribed working practices to ensure that the factory operates to the highest standards of hygiene and efficiency possible.
- Personally comply with all policies, procedures and risk assessments relevant to role and responsibilities.
- Implement effective corrective actions to address any shortcomings in the performance of Production Operatives & Agency Staff in a timely manner (If unable to resolve the issue escalate to Team Leader – Shift Manager).
This job description is subject to periodic revision following discussion with the post holder (s).
Proven track record of the following required:
o Operating electric counterbalance fork-lift truck within a factory environment.
o Must be prepared to under go fork lift training.
o Leading a small team.
o Analytical skills, including completion of documentation.
o Computer literate.
o Hands on approach.
o Elements of the role are physically demanding.